If you’re looking for somewhere to schedule your eye doctor appointment near Nashville, then you should consider Music City Optical. We offer a range of eye doctor appointments, including comprehensive eye exams. These annual eye exams are an important part of your overall health and well-being and can help with the early diagnosis of some major eye health problems, including dry eyes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts. We also offered other types of eye doctor appointments as needed, including contact lens fittings.
While we take your overall visionary health seriously, we also strive to provide excellent service. This extends to making it easy for you to make and keep an eye doctor appointment with Music City Optical. Our goal is to make this process as stress-free and easy as possible.
Your eye doctor appointment can be made online via our website, or by calling our front desk at (615) 750-5943. Once your eye doctor appointment is made, we’ll send you a text message reminder to ensure you make it on time to your appointment, too. Our office is conveniently located on Music Row in Downtown Nashville, with plenty of free parking on-site.
What to Expect During Your Eye Doctor Appointment
Comprehensive eye exams, which should take place annually, are the most common type of eye doctor appointment at Music City Optical. These regular exams use our Vision Care Technology to assist is in the early diagnosis and potential treatment of a variety of vision-related conditions.
During your eye doctor appointment, Dr. James will determine which specific tests to perform, which will be based on your medical history. Most comprehensive eye exams, however, feature the following services:
- Visual function and eye health for depth perception, peripheral (side) vision, and the response of the pupils to light
- Visual acuity to test the sharpness of your vision
- Color Blindness – detecting hereditary color vision deficiencies
- Ocular motility – determine how well your eyes can follow a moving object
- Pupil dilation to obtain a better view of the eye’s internal structures
- Retinoscopy to estimate your eyeglass prescription
- Autorefractor to automatically estimate your eyeglass prescription
- Refraction to determine your exact eyeglass prescription
- Slit-lamp microscope to check for common eye diseases and conditions such as corneal disease, cataracts, & dry eye syndrome
- Tonometry (Intraocular pressure) to test for glaucoma
- Ophthalmoscopy to examine the optic nerve, retina, and blood vessels
If necessary, your eye doctor appointment may also include advanced tests, like the following:
- Visual fields test to check for blind spots in your vision
- Retinal photo to test for retinal eye disease which included diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, retinal holes & tears, & hypertensive retinopathy
- Zeiss Clarus is an ultra wide-field camera used to obtain a better view of both the central and peripheral retina
If any diagnoses are made during your eye doctor appointment, Music City Optical will advise you on any future appointments needed, and how often you should be seen. This applies to those patients who will need to be fitted for contact lenses as well. If it’s time for you to schedule your next eye doctor appointment near Nashville, reach out to Music City Optical today!